Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Reign of Kings Release
Posted on December 15th, 2015 08:04 PM ESTreign of kings release updates
This is a very special update, as it marks the day of release for Reign of Kings on Steam. We thank everyone for your feedback and helping us to mold the game into what it is today. We’re happy to have been able to develop a new medieval gaming experience where we can live the dream and reign as king or queen.
We announced upon launch on Early Access that our goal was to release before the end of the year, and we’re happy to say that we have not only achieved our internal roadmap, but also added many features past it. On average, each player has played around 36 hours of ROK, with many over a hundred, and some over a thousand hours of playtime. Throughout development, we've launched over 22 major updates, and have spent the last couple of months fixing bugs, optimizing, polishing, and tweaking in preparation for the release.
The 1.0 is more than just a release, it is also one of our biggest updates. We've spent a large amount of time working on server optimization and performance. This should help with the server causing lag in different areas when under heavy load. We also implemented a server-side modding framework that will allow server operators to change many values of the game in order to better suit the game to their communities tastes. Aside from this, there were many bug fixes, and design tweaks. We also fixed all known exploits. Official servers will be wiped with this update, and a wipe is recommended for community servers.
- Implemented a server-side modding system that allows you to change the game through configuration files. You can find these files under the "Mods" folder after running the server twice.
- Can customize offset player spawn position
- Can customize offset animal spawn positions, animal spawn timers, other animal spawning variables
- Can customize loot tables for animals and plague village containers
- Can customize instrument buffs (name, intensity, duration, etc.)
- Can customize siege and projectile damage
- Can customize times for farm phases
- Can customize amounts for harvestables
- Can customize Crest related times (conquering, siege, etc.)
- Day-night cycle speed can be changed, as well as the global latitude to change the sun's movement
- Island resource spawn rates can be changed to be more dense or sparse, recover from damage more quickly, and offset resource spawn points
- Atmosphere can be adjusted to be different colors and the fog more or less dense
- Made it so players health and inventory slots can be modified.
- Added a mod section to the /buildreport command.
- Added a bunch of blueprint mods such as stack limits for items, max health for placeable objects and much more.
- Placing of animals and explosive kegs can now be enabled through the server-side config files.
- Tax limits are now configurable.
- The free realm's name is now configurable.
- The input slots of the Campfire, Firepit, Smelter, Granary, Well, and Sawmill will now accept any item, so that modified items may still be crafted.
- Nutrition and hydration values for different fish sizes are modifiable
- Fish school sizes are modifiable
- Fish attraction to hooks/bait is modifiable
- Fishing line tension is modifiable
- Character creation body proportions are modifiable
- Block colors are modifiable
- Player movement values modifiable
- Player stability values modifiable
- Player physics damage modifiable
- Can modify animal combat values
- Can modify animal A.I values
- Can modify animal movement values
- Can modify animal health values
- Added command for admins to add to the news popup
- Players who are consistently detected inside of blocks may be kicked from the server.
- Players who log in inside a structures blocks will be sent to the beach spawning zone.
- The "Controls" menu now allows players to assign modifier keys.
- The "Controls" menu is now larger to help fit all of that text on-screen.
- Control axis deadzones now save properly.
- The default control axis deadzone is now 10%.
- Important events that occur around the player while logging into a server arrive more consistently, keeping the game synchronized.
- Tooltips now display numerical information directly from items, instead of a hand-written description.
- Server performance has been improved in various areas.
- Minor performance fixes in various areas
- Fixed a material memory leak in blocks
- Reduced garbage in farming codebase
- Made decay system slightly more performant in its checks
- Low framerate in-game unless using video-capture software has been fixed with exclusive fullscreen rendering
- Memory leak reduction in a variety of scripts
- Fixed some slowdowns when starting a server that had over 2000 past users.
- Optimized part of Character Creation saving on the server
- Optimized client load time of fishes
- Fixed lag when switching between placeable objects
- Fixed several cases where a crest isn't destroyed when running out of protection
- Fixed an issue where the first placed plot was being missed for growing
- You can no longer throw a projectile sideways when standing really close to something
- Siege weapons can hit the bell gong
- Fern skirt better weighting with small stomachs, shows over loincloth properly
- Flower armors will properly block small amounts of damage
- Resource node decals less likely to show on equipment while gathering
- Giant jaws on characters shouldn't expose lower teeth
- Collected shrubs, chopped trees shouldn't regrow underneath blocked-over areas
- Pure darkness flicker between 10 and 11 at night fixed
- Fallen trees will glitch out less dramatically when built over
- Fix for sometimes mysterious missing bush and tree objects when coming into close LOD
- Prevention of cloning entries in damaged or destroyed trees and bushes
- Fix for strange third person camera
- Servers accessed over remote desktop should no longer experience a tug-of-war with the mouse pointer while Reign of Kings is running.
- Players who log out or are disconnected on the raft will now receive their proper starting equipment on their next play.
- Fixed an issue that could cause brief pauses when executing players in the gallows
- Closing the door on a lockpicked cage won't reset the lock unless the player closing it belongs to the cage's guild
- Escaping from capture using a sharp rock or lockpick shouldn't require as much camera gymnastics.
- Fixed issue with iron torch particles not playing
- Fixed issue with PoA being consumed with full inventory
- Fixed issue where certain facial features could get messed up
- Fixed all known exploits
- Randomize head randomized tattoos
- Local drum audio is more reliable
- Placing large prefabs on terrain should be smoother
- You can no longer place a drawbridge over another player's guild line
- Horn audio no longer gets stuck sometimes
- Fixed issue with server restarts in character creation not resetting your camera
- Fixed an issue with exiting the flute HUD not working properly
- Fixed a bug where animals may repeatedly appear to sink into the terrain and then snap back up to the surface.
- Animals are less likely to run in one direction while looking in another direction. This was especially noticeable on wolves.
- Fixed a bug with the hit reaction animation. Previously, while characters were in a hit reaction, some parts of the body would rapidly jitter, especially when viewed at a distance. This is no longer the case.
- Characters can crouch much lower than before, allowing them to fit through spaces that are 1 block high.
- Crouch jumping is now possible and is especially effective in climbing into single-block holes.
- Trebuchet will now take 30% damage from projectiles instead of being invulnerable to them.
- Made projectiles fall out of trees which have been cut down
- Wolf damage and stamina reduced.
- The "Iron Battle War Hammer" no longer deals 10 extra damage from left-to-right swings.
- Some prefabs have had their damage resistances reduced. Most visibly, decorative furniture and defensive barricades now take siege damage.
- Burnt bird is no longer half-useless, it is now fully useless.
Source : http://steamcommunity.com/app/344760/discussions/4/487877107130696388/